What is with the world these days?
Terrorism, world security and homogenized 'Police State' control is starting to be the main expression of humanity. What happenned to peace, egalitarianism and freedom? Personal individual forms of security don't feel so safe to me.
I'd like to see us slow down and think about the future for a while. Instead of planning to secure the world for the rich people, let's secure the world for all of us.
We could begin by working with countries that need help in a fair and just manner. Loans from the World bank could be dropped, and the oppressed countries could have a hand up instead of an extortive handout.
It's time to plan for the future; I think humans are somewhat intelligent creatures and we could really make this place a nice place to live!
I don't drive, and I have a hard time seeing people in North America driving around eating shitty junk food and rushing to be first in line for ridiculous movies. The money spent on those movies could be spent on fixing the world's problems.
Any given weekend the newest hit movie pulls in 100s of millions!
Think about the irony the next time you go to a movie to take a break from these very problems in the world.
Think about the irony the next time you drive the SUV to spend a weekend in the wilderness which is under threat from acid rain caused by the pollution from your cars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment